This website is operated by Spruce Architecture.
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with
Who we are
Spruce Architecture (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, (ie we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information). References to “our Website” or “the Website” are to www.sprucearchitecture.com.
The information we collect about you
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) when you complete one of the contact us forms on the website or sign up to our newsletter. We also collect personal information when you contact us, send us feedback, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions).
For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of the user’s internet service provider. This information helps us to build up a profile of our users. This data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually. This helps us to improve our website.
If you continue to use our website we will assume that you are happy to receive cookies from our website.
However, if you would prefer to change your cookie settings, you can do so at any time. Most browsers automatically accept cookies unless you change your internet browser settings. If you wish to restrict, block or delete the cookies which are set by any websites, you can generally do this through your browser settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser.
If you set your internet browser preferences to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
How we will use the information about you
We collect information about you so we can
- identify you and provide the services requested
- communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general progress your matter
- conduct research and statistical analysis
- if you agree, let you know about other products or services that may be of interest to you – see Marketing section below
- improve our services
We would like to send you information by post or email about our products and services, competitions and promotions which may be of interest to you.
We will only ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages when you tick the relevant box when you complete a ‘contact us’ form.
If you have consented to receive such marketing from us, you can opt out at any time. See ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information.
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help unlawful activity
- our insurers
- external auditors
- regulatory bodies
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example;
- restricted access
- use of passwords
- we store your personal data on secure servers
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your information out of the EEA without obtaining your consent. Rest assured that we will always ensure any transfer is subject to appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
What rights do you have?
Right to request a copy of your information
You can request a copy of your information which we hold (this is known as a subject access request). If you would like a copy of some or all of it, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information you want a copy of, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We may charge a small fee for this service.
Right to correct any mistakes in your information
You can require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold free of charge. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below)
- let us have enough information to identify you (eg matter reference number, full name and address), and
- let us know the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
Right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes. If you would like to do this, please:
- email, call or write to us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below). You can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the email newsletter.
- let us know the method of contact you are not happy with if you are unhappy with certain ways of contacting you only (for example, you may be happy for us to contact your by email but not by post)
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.